Monday, January 7, 2008

BCS Championship Game


In honor of tonight's BCS game and because I'm really bored right now (not really) (Spring Semester of law school started up today and TGM is at school on Mondays from 8:20am-10:10pm), I was thinking about the different mascots in tonight's game between the LSU Tigers and the Ohio State Buckeyes.



What really got me thinking was a question I saw posed on the blog, Sunday Morning QB; who has the better mascot? The question in my mind is simple, there should never be a dispute. Before I allow my opinion to soil this page, take a look at each mascot.




Yes, OSU has Brutus the Buckeye. Whatever. LSU has a real live on tiger on their campus! Holy Shit! His name is Mike the Tiger and he probably lives better than me or you. Don't believe me? Go the link below.

www.mikethetiger.com

I thought it was pretty sweet that LSU has a huge tiger compound on their campus on which they house Mike the Tiger. Do you see where I'm going with this?

What if UCSB had a real live Gaucho on their campus? Of course, this is completely ridiculous. Besides the fact that slavery has been outlawed for a long time now (and I do not support it in any which way), would you really expect our administration to acquire one? Yeah right. There is no way we could ever distract them from their neverending quest to rid the world..I mean, IV, of beer, parties and everything else that is good. We all have our priorities straight and I've come to the conclusion we need a real-live Gaucho (haha). We'll give him his own land and a herd of cattle and he can tend his flock near campus.





I know this post is completely ridiculous. I actually love the Gaucho name. Hey, TGM has a busy day today and these 15 minutes were all I could spare.

Enjoy the game tonight. Tomorrow, the post will be much more thought provoking. I guaran-damn-tee it!

No comments: