Saturday, December 29, 2007

Interesting Things About Eastern Washington

I decided that I didn't know too much about EWU. In my effort to educate myself of the Gauchos next victim, I decided to do some research. Feel free to pitch in on the comments page if you know something that I don't (highly unlikely).

1. Located in Cheney, Washington and has an enrollment of 10,005 students. Interestingly, Cheney has a population of 10,130 (2006). I wonder if the townfolk hate the studentfolk much like they do in the IV-Goleta model.



2. EWU is the fastest growing public university in the state of Washington. This feat shouldn't be hard to achieve since the only other public schools I could think of are UW and WSU.

3. Newsweek has named EWU as a "Best Value for Tuition Dollar" school. Awesome.

4. The only university with a state crime lab on campus is EWU. Man, imagine if UCSB had a crime lab on their campus. The IVFP would be in heaven. In their futile attempts to stop student drinking they could begin beer can analysis. Maybe the ABC could use their wise judgment and give a grant to create a crime lab.

5. Their mascot is named Swoop. Their former mascot used to be a Savage.




6. Their football coach, Paul Wulff, just got hired to coach Washington State. Godspeed, my friend. He looks a little crazy.



7. They've got national championships in wrestling (NAIA), and cross country (D2)

8. EWU has some pretty famous alumni:
Todd McFarlane, creator of Spawn comic book and co-owner of the Edmonton Oilers
Colin Cowherd, the annoying ESPN radio host of "The Herd"
Jesse Chatman, Miami Dolphins RB
Rodney Stuckey, NBA Draft pick last year



I'm done, so I want you to add some interesting facts if you have any.

No comments: