Saturday, December 29, 2007

Game Day: UCSB at EWU

Tonight, we find out if the Gauchos strapped their cojones back on. If they bounce back and smash the Eagles, I think Gaucholand will be satisfied. If they win or lose a close one, some of the familiar doubts/feelings that are all too familiar in Gaucholand will start to creep back into our psyche.

As part of my public service mission to the Gaucho faithful (and because our sports marketing doesn't really seem to care), I want you all to be able to listen to the game. You can catch the game by following the link below to get to the "Big Talker."

http://www.1510kga.com/

As far as I know it won't be on television despite the popular demand of the nation to catch this slugfest. If something changes, I'll be right on top of it, don't worry. Like a good wingman at a DP party, I got your back.

Besides, what else are you going to do on a Saturday night than hang out with the misses or the kids? The game will be over by 9:30 p.m. Let's examine the choices:

1. Alamo Bowl: Penn State vs. Texas A&M. Mmmmn. This one just sounds exciting. I surfed the internet earlier to see if Former A&M Coach Franchione would give me one of his famous tip sheets. I don't understand why he wouldn't want to.

2. College Basketball: Arizona vs. Memphis. Ok, this might actually be a good game. Let's compromise. Put this on mute and listen to the radiocast.

3. Patriots vs. New York Giants: You'll be able to catch the tail end of this game. Seriously, who cares? The Patriots are going to beat the Giants. Beli-cheat doesn't care that he's clinched home field advantage, he just wants to run up the score. I may actually put this game on mute just so I can watch the cruel irony take place when Beli-cheat's hubris gets the better of him and one of his key players goes down. Another exciting aspect of this game: You can choose whether you want to watch this game on NBC, CBS or NFLN. Now we get to hear how crappy Bryant Gumbel really is.

4. ET (Family Channel): Come on, you've watched this 45 times already. "ET, phone home."

Lastly, thanks to the miracles of modern technology (combined with my excessive intellect), I've added a game day poll. Let the rest of the readers (the other two of you), see how the rest of the crew is feeling.

No comments: